background


Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tis the Season

This time of year it is hard not to be nostalgic.  I remember all the traditions I grew up with, all the hustling and bustling, running here and there and everywhere. At times I miss the crazy hectic life of going everywhere. Seeing Santa, visiting with all the family. At times I wish my girls and Mike and I could spend Christmas Eve with my mom, then wake up early Christmas morning see what Santa brought and open gifts, then head out the door to celebrate with my dad, and sisters, then head back on out to celebrate with Aunts, Uncles, cousins, then head home before dark to celebrate with Mike's family. That's a crazy hectic schedule, but it was something I grew up doing and it was fun and it brought the warm fuzzy feeling to my bones and made this time of year feel that more special.
On the other hand I realized how blessed I am. I now get to take it all in and enjoy Christmas. I sit back, relax and watch the girls open their packages, see the excitement in their eyes and hear the joy in their hearts. We don't have to run anywhere or do anything. We simply get to be. Spend the entire day playing with new toys, looking at the gifts, watching movies, relaxing and eating. Good times!  I don't believe Christmas is about the gifts at all, that has become a bonus for most people.  I love the giving and sharing of the holiday myself.
My Holiday wish for all of you is to Enjoy this time of year, take it in, remember the good times you once shared and make new memories to last a lifetime. To also carry the kindness, compassion, and love you feel now throughout the new year. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year 2011!

1 comment:

Jme's Photography said...

I wish you guys lived closer so we could spend the holidays together, like we used to. But I'm happy knowing that you guys will be enjoying your day with eachother. Love and Miss you!