The title I will give all the credit to my little sister (its her new tattoo).
When I saw it, it really struck me. "One Step at a Time" that is so true, that is exactly what life is. We have to take things one day at a time, really let life play out for us. None of us know what life has in store for us, we can predict our futures and hope that we able to follow the path that we see best suited for us. In my experiences life throws unexpected curve balls at us to learn from, to accept, to grow, to grieve, to overcome etc...
I have had my own curve balls throughout my life and that is why I am the person I am. I believe I am a strong, independent, loving, selfless, compassionate, talented, beautiful person (I will be the first to say that all the things I stated about myself are true, but there is also this side of me that is very insecure, shy, fearful and vulnerable.) I continue to grow on a daily basis, I learn things constantly. I learn from my mistakes all the time, and I learn from others.
I love my girls with all my heart, I want the best possible life for them, I want them to love me genuinely, I want them understand that I would give and do anything for them that is in my power to do, I want them to respect themselves always and to be proud of who they are. I want them to know they can always count on me, I will always be here for them.
I have the most amazing husband that suits me to a tee. He loves me completely for who I am, he never judges the person I am, however he does push me to want to be a better person, to continue to grow and to always try my hardest. He shows me that you can never give up in life, you have to keep going its always "one step at a time". He has been one of the most influential teachers in my life, he has taught me what love is and when I say that I don't say it lightly (he has showed me the real meaning of love). There have been many people in my life that have told me they love me but showed me otherwise (family and friends).
I will also be the first one to tell you, I am not perfect, I don't always say or do the right thing, I don't always want to try, I sometimes forget to have fun in life and take things to serious, I'm not always present but that is just me. I am so thankful for the person I am. I owe thanks to many people who have come into my life and been a part of my life (family, friends, acquaintances, strangers etc...)
Without the people that I have met and allowed in my life I wouldn't be ME, and there is no other person I would rather be.
I guess that is why my sisters tattoo and the meaning behind "One Step at a Time" for me will always be a continuation of things to come. I wouldn't want it any other way.
1 comment:
Aww :). I love it!!
Post a Comment